Friday 11 October 2013

Cartoon workshop - Neolithic Art

I'm pleased to be able to announce that I will be running another workshop for the Natural History Museum, London. It takes place on 9 March 2014 and will tie in with their exhibition: A Million Years of Human History.

As part of the pre-publicity, I've just drawn a cartoon for the Museum's Evolve magazine.

It started out with my customary Derwent blue pencil scribble:




That was imported into Illustrator and the main lines inked in with a brush tool:



Another import, this time into Photoshop to add flat color:


A bit of background color for the cave and we're almost there:


To jazz it up, I added some patterns to the neolith cave-artist's bearskin, some shadow and finally a thin white highlight, to make our two stars leap out:


Keep an eye on my workshops page for how to book and I hope to see you there.

PS If you can't wait, I will be running two workshops at the International Comic Art Festival on 19 and 20 October 2013. And don't forget my competition to win free tickets to one of the inaugural evening events.






No comments:

Post a Comment